Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 3

Day 3- Your idea of the perfect first date:

I've been considering this question for about 30 seconds now and, as usual, am making it way more complicated than it needs to be.

At first I thought skydiving...but that is just something I want to do no matter the occasion. Also...thinking back on some of my first dates...yeah, lets just say no thanks.

Another thing to consider- how long have I known this person? If its a blind date situation I think the perfect date would be one where you and your mystery man sit on opposite sides of a movie theater and see something awesome...like The A Team or Repunzel (check it out! It is awesome!).
On the other hand, if I've known this person for a while, I would probably suggest a movie in the park that we both love and have seen a bunch (Princess Bride or something romantic and adventurous too). That way its all sentimental and awesome, but you've seen it so you can talk and such too.

Lastly, am I excited about going on a date with said person? If not, I'd revert back to the opposite sides of the theater idea. If I was excited that would be different.

Hm hm hm...a cooking class. Yep. I've decided. A cooking class has the best of everything. You're around other people, but can chat if you want to. You'd have something to keep you busy so it would be less likely to get awkward. Teamwork towards a common goal would provide a bonding experience and I think you'd learn a lot about each other. Also, the food portion of the date is taken care of and now more meaningful cause you made it together. And lastly, it would take long enough that it could be the only thing you do on the date. Or, if things go well, you could extend the date to include dessert, a movie, a walk, whatever, etc.

No comments: